Another Threesome


Mali had her name picked by her mom who was at the time having issues with her husband. She picked a fine name for her daughter out of rebellion. She didn't want her daughter to have an Hausa name, just to piss her husband off, She wouldn't give her an Igbo name either because she wanted her daughter not to be singled out when she goes to visit her father in the North when she grows up, and also had to respect the fact that her husband as a Muslim, hated western names. So she named her daughter after an Islamic State, Mali. It was a win win for everyone, she had succeeded in rebelling against her husband who wanted Arabic names for his kids, secured her daughter's future and made her name Unique all at one shot. Smart woman, just like her daughter was when I met her as a teenager 12 years ago. We are in our late 20s now and still remained friends, rare in this age where online heated arguments ruin friendships. Facebook bants have had me at loggerheads with close friends, but I didn't know it would later have me kissing a white girl in Lagos traffic. Mali had come to pick me up at airport with a German belle riding shotgun, with her legs on the dashboard rolling up her socks like she forgot it's hot in Africa. "This is fashion" she would correct me when I tried reminding her how hot Lagos can be. I wasn't interested in her excuses and whys, I needed to strike up a conversation since Mali wouldn't introduce us, her stretched hair reminded me of my teenage runnings with Jenny Barato, an Italian girl I had a brief fling with when she visited Nigeria to see her father who was a chief Engineer with Arab Contractors working in Enugu back then. I don't really have a thing for white girls but I miss how I could run my fingers through Jenny's hair smoothly without meeting where weaves were fixed. Something you can't experience with black girls. I wanted to re-live those brief moments again. How could I have come to such conclusion within Minutes of meeting this Nazi. Mali would catch me through the rearview while she drives staring at her friend. She would smile and shake her head, she knew I wanted a threesome again, and this time it wasn't going to be easy for me.

Comments

Popular Posts