City Wanderer


A walk in the city away from home 
Where walks and talks are often on 
Everyone a stranger to a common home 
Unlike home 
With no stranger in your neighbor's room
The trees I know are gone 
Replaced by sky scrapers 
The greens are turned to silver stains 
The birds I see are iron birds 
It roars not sing its chirping sounds  
The city of sounds not organized 
I wandered off 
Like a tired suspect 
The tales I heard of the city hold more truth 
It's dangers are more than told 
Still amazing 
I meet no smiles 
Lonely in a crowded street 
I still wander off into the city 
Head turning at each sight 
Drawing attention with my strange fashion 
My fashion I wear with pride 
Like Joseph's coat of many colours 
But my walk in this new city yields 
It yields me with new knowledge 
And old appreciation 
A home is not a house with human breath 
Home is a place you feel at home 

Comments

Popular Posts