Sally Island 30

I had woken up with a mad headache. I couldn't remember vividly what happened last night but it seemed like I was in a fight and Eve stood up for me and beat up some thugs I met at the market. I wasn't sure, but I could remember an angry mob of villagers trying to drag me home and I refusing to follow them stayed back and slept off. But it wasnt clear to me, I was staring blankly into the sea and wondering what had happened when suddenly, Eve popped out of the water looking straight into my eyes so focused I was frozen with shock and amazement. I wasn't dreaming at all, all I thought had happened had really happened. It was mad because Eve noticed I was lost for a minute, she kept starring as I looked at her as a stranger. She didn't like the look on my face, it was like i just met her, but I was in a state of not being sure of what had happened between us for a while now. Even her appearing on a wreck the last time was just a vague mirage I couldn't explain. "What's happening with you Eddie?" She asked still standing in the water magically flicking her fish tail. Maybe it was the tail that scared me or rather the amazement of actually seeing a mammy water that froze me like that. It hadn't been as vivid as this before. I still didn't utter a word of reply to her question gazing at her. "What's wrong Eddie?" She continued inquiring, "you are scaring me". "Where did everyone go?" She continued. "I didn't expect to see only you here, I wanted to come check on you, I couldn't just stay away that long not knowing how you are". "Was going to come look for you" she further explained knowing that my silence might be from the hit on my head last night. 


"What happened?" I finally was able to say something. Somehow that question pierced through Eve. I couldn't even remember what happened, actually I did but wasn't convinced it was a real event that had happened the previous night. Mind still gripped to the vague night, Eve found attractiveness in every bit. She urged me to stay quiet while she explained the whole events to me. I couldn't even as much as muster courage to feel pity for myself, the discovery that a girl actually handled my feud better than I could. But Eve knowing the attack came from behind me and knocked me unconscious believed the blow to my skull was messing with my head. She had also gotten in trouble back in her kingdom, the entire kingdom were waiting on her to bring home some food, and she ended up spending all her time with me, which was also against their rules. They don't get involved with humans whatsoever unless they are on a mission. But Eve broke all that yesterday while she was with me. I didn't even know that part and she didn't tell me, she just reached over and kissed me for some long seconds. It felt like the kiss brought me to reality and left me with a long smile, that was when I noticed the mild frown on her face. 


"What's wrong?" I inquired very keen to know why she would be frowning after she kissed me. Was my kiss that bitter? She maintained her silence with an expression on her face clearing my guess of a bitter lips. She was still unhappy but didn't want me to feel bad too. But because I've come to realize I wasn't at all dreaming, I knocked of my frozen gaze and picked up warmly to further inquire what was happening. Eve still refused to  say anything, her silence started working on my nerves, I've always hated the silent treatment and I usually don't know how to contain my anger even in the sight of love, guess I'm not emotionally matured yet. So I reached for her neck, grabbing her neck from behind forcing her forehead to press on mine, still letting her tail flick to splatter water all over like my warm arms tickled her whole cold body. I tried hard not to loose concentration to her jiggling breasts which were some inches below my jaw, still vividly visible in an abstract manner. It was a huge distraction seeing such firm breasts on a grown lady, is it that there are no male maids in their kingdom to once in a while tap those. If I was one, I would totally wreck the breasts of every mammy water in their kingdom. As if Eve was reading my mind which focused on the breasts as my eyes stared into hers, I asked again "what's wrong?"


"I've gotten into trouble because of you" she explained. "I broke every major rule of the kingdom as I was with you yesterday, now it's beginning to massively hunt me. I can't even go home" she further explained. Going into details of how much she won't be accepted back home even if she went back. I was wearing a smile on my heart since I couldn't smile at her sadness. I was happy she couldn't go home anymore, I wanted her to stay even though I knew it was selfish of me, I really wanted her to stay. What would be better than having my favourite mermaid stuck on land, but by the time she finished, I slowly lost the smile on my face. Eve wanted me to come with her to their world where we can finally be with her as long as I wanted. Quite a tempting offer but then I had a little sister back at home I had to take care of. I love my sister so much I can give up my happiness to make her happy, and leaving her to carter for her self at her young age wasn't any part of making her happy, I knew It was going to be hard to explain all that to Eve, so instead, I reached out for that piece of paper an Oyibo man gave me that had me and my sister in it. Eve seeing it understood everything already, I couldn't go with her and even though I knew it pained her, she understood that I couldn't come with her. 


Our conversation depreciated to a cold one, I didn't know what else to tell her as I didn't want to hurt her more. She didn't tell me all she did for me down in their world and I couldn't make a sacrifice for her, maybe that is really how she felt but didn't want to say it. But nothing was going to change my mind about leaving my little sister behind. Eve after being  silent for a while, dove back into the water with tears running from her eyes, swam away back to the deep, where her friends were all waiting for her to come back with me. She would receive a lesser punishment if she could bring me back to their world proving my love for her. At least, my love for her would have worth her breaking the rules, since love was very sacred in their world. Eve came down in tears instead of me, really disappointing her friends who she initially made believe she knew what she was doing. Explaining how I've been tracking her for a while now because I wanted to see her, with them believing since I could do all that, coming back with her to their world won't be a problem. Eve went back crying at the mercy of the leaders and the consolation of her friends. 




Comments

Popular Posts