Sally Island 26

Eve threw little pebbles at them to chase them away, she got shy a bit knowing we were about to take our little romance to the next level. My heart still racing as usual, not that I expected anything different, but my excitement was rather too rapid. I had flipped over, now on Eve, she gazed on me with the charms of her beauty, her smile while I hustled her body made me pause, my mind wasn't even thinking, even though I wanted it to think about what could be making her smile at this time, but my mind wasn't thinking, instead my mouth was smiling on reflex like worked on it's own accord. Eve gently ripped her blouse off, exposing her gyrating breasts, I stared at them as if they were talking to me. These breast were aggressively gyrating like it has no guilty conscience. It's rhythm of juggle when Eve chuckled was mind blowing, she knew I was staring at her breasts and she loved that I was staring at it. Her breasts were very untapped like that of a just developed maiden. I pulled my shirt off the split seconds I got my little senses back briefly and threw it aside. She loved the way my chest was built, she quickly rubbed on it, with emphasis on my nipple, my blood rushed with concentration on my genitals, I was hard as a rock, but I didn't want to rush. If you rush moments like this, it gets over quickly. Moments like this, you take it slow and make every moment memorable. I knew this would be the last time I will see her, Mutubus don't dwell on Sally Island, unless they are on exile or on a vital mission. So this was my moment and I had to seize every bit of it, just as I was about taking off the last piece of Eve's clothes, I got a quick smash on my head. 


A swift swing of a hard bottle smashed cracking through my head, leaving my inner voice confused and my eyes seeing things. I kept hearing voices repeating "how tough are you now?" I could recognize the voice, I was lying on the soft grass almost passing out and couldn't move my body, like I was totally paralyzed. I wished my boys were around, although it was just I and Ike who were the only ones left on the island, Omin had jumped on a slave ship that docked at the island shores and sailed away with the hope of finding James and help him back to the island. He sailed away off to a different destination, totally different from where James was, but that's a story for another day. Eve, tried to keep me awake but she couldn't do much, she was helpless as it is. That's when she started loosing it. Mutubus are naturally stronger than humans, it's a widely known fact on the Island but that's only when you know you are dealing with a Mutubu, that's when you know how to be careful. After I passed out, Eve looked up only to recognize the faces that knocked me out. It was those touts at the market place, led by the particular guy I pulled away from Eve. She got really mad and let her demons possess her that night. It was very dark and the more she got angry, the colder it gets. Her anger had frozen off the fire we made and the torchlights the boys came with too. She threw a fierce punch that knocked the leader out at a swing. The rest were still wowed by her ability, being that their leader was the strongest among them all, they shivered with the cold Eve brought with her as she pounced on the next guy, leaving him also with several blows to his head. The third guy had already taken off before Eve could finish with the second guy. 


The third guy was convinced Eve wasn't human, he knew she was a Mutubu and didn't know the type in particular. Eve and her colony were responsible for the fast development of the island, they constantly left the island with things that attract foreigners and the Oyibos, and in exchange of what we have in the island, they gave us things that they came with that improved the standard of our living, that kept us ahead of other communities around. We lived like we were in the Oyibo man's land, with almost everything they had in their lands they even came with something that make you appear on a paper, they call it photography. I even took one with my little sister, it was too expensive I used almost all i made in two weeks to take one, so I took it with my sister and always had it in my pocket everywhere I went, all these development were brought by the Mutubus because whenever Eve and her people visited, they left us with goodies that fetched us fortunes. The belief in Sally island is that the good Mutubus don't harm humans, it's only the bad that does. Eve knew that the third guy that ran off, had gone to tell the islanders that there was a bad Mutubu sighted. The villagers on the other hand since the killing of their youths at that beach party had vowed to always attack any bad Mutubu found. 


Eve knowing things will get a bit dangerous for her took off, leaving me lying unconscious on the grass. Aisha one of the slave girls Mudshark had rescued, she was ironically taken as a slave from a town where slaves were freed. She never stopped telling the tales of Freetown. The area was first settled by 400 formerly enslaved Black Britons sent from London, England, They established the 'Province of Freedom'. Later, Tired of the harsh weather and racial discrimination more than 1,100 former American slaves chose to go to Freetown, They sailed in 15 ships, Sixty-four settlers died en route. Upon reaching Freetown, they dispatched on shore to clear or make roadway for their landing. The former slaves were to build Freetown on the former site of the first Granville Town, where jungle had taken over since its destruction back in the days. Its surviving Old Settlers had relocated to Fourah Bay. At Freetown, the women remained in the ships while the men worked to clear the land. The men cleared the land until they reached a large cotton tree. After the work had been done and the land cleared, all of them, men and women, disembarked and marched towards the thick forest and to the cotton tree, and their preachers began singing "Awake and Sing Of Moses and the Lamb." Later, an Oyibo preacher, prayed and preached a sermon under the large Cotton Tree. The land was dedicated and christened 'Free Town.' Aisha never stopped talking about Freetown. Aisha also liked stalking Mudshark, he became her hero after he broke her off slavery. She was quite a strong woman but also shy. She was very slow when it comes to emotions, she didn't know how to approach Mudshark who seemed very withdrawn from women. 


That night, she had noticed a new face around the shores, she walked up to Mudshark each time, and it seemed they knew each other before then, but Mudshark didn't want to pay attention to her. Aisha didn't know Catherine was Mudshark's wife, he had previously caught her with Captain Blood and decided to end the marriage. But Catherine on hearing Mudshark was recruiting more deck crews for his ship, decided to use the opportunity to come around. Aisha had walked around Mudshark a lot that night trying to figure out what was going on. But she was caught by some of her fans, some buccaneers also who loved hearing the tales of Freetown. They held her down and pleaded for one of her stories from Freetown, she saw it as an opportunity to keep an eye on the strange girl, because she suspected something, she suspected the new girl was up to something. So she sat around and told her listeners the tale of Ajayi Crowther, the slave boy who turned a reverend. Ajayi was 12 years old when he was captured, along with his mother and toddler brother and other family members, along with his entire village, by Muslim Fulani slave raiders and sold to Portuguese slave traders. However, before his slave-ship left port, it was boarded by a British Royal Navy ship and Ajayi was taken to Freetown, where he was released and set free like other freed salves in Freetown. He converted to Christianity, and later he had a rebirth by baptism and he named himself after the vicar of Christ Church, Newgate, London - Samuel Crowther. As she was still telling her tales, she noticed Catherine had drawn a small dagger knife and was about stabbing Mudshark, Aisha quickly made a run for her. 


Story: Nnagoziem TheVyrus Udensi 
Illustrations: Chevelin Pierre and Kendy Joseph 

Comments

Popular Posts