Sally Island 24

He didn't say a word anymore. He just looked at me like he had plans, you know that kinda look you give someone that tells them "ok, you want to be a tough guy? I will get you when I will get you, and be sure I will come for you". That was the look he gave me. But I couldn't care less, I was ready to fight him anytime but not now, I had something I needed to do, but if he wants a later match, I'm up for it. Maybe he had in mind that he would catch me in the market when he will be with his boys and they will beat me up. But what he failed  to realize was that I had my own boys too and we can't be scared of nothing. We sail on high fishing seas, what can possibly scare us that we haven't seen already? Although James who was the strongest of us all has been missing for months now, I still had Omin and Ike who were ever ready to tear anyone up anytime. I really miss James most times, we had searched everywhere but couldn't find him. The chief priest didn't give any specific detail about his whereabouts either, he just said he was forced to a strange land where he would find happiness. It was very vague and unclear but that was all he said. How can he find happiness in a strange land he was forced to? He was practically happy here on Sally Island, at least that's what we thought or should I say believed. Eve didn't even care I was putting up a fight for her, she didn't even turn back, she walked away as I was brawling for her with this street boy who wanted to harass her. 


I was expecting her to at least look to see who I was or maybe show appreciation a bit for sticking my neck out for her, but she didn't even show any concern about what was going on between me and the huge pot-bellied guy. She walked like she was in a haste, like the ground pinched the sole of her legs, hastening away from me like I was the major plague she flees from. This wasn't another bad time I thought to myself. Was it  that she couldn't even wait for a minute to spare a smile, at least that is what a deaf and dumb person would do. Oh well, I quickly forgot I was dealing with a Mutubu, a strange one at that, one that I had wanted to see for ages. I've always loved to follow my heart, so I let the heart racing slow down and thought to myself, maybe she supposed I'm like Omin or whoever she had experienced In this island, she didn't walk like she was happy with me following her, so I started slowing down, slowing down to allow her fade away into the plantation like she wanted. I didn't want to be a discomforting memory to her, in due time I believe the right things happen to the right people. I've always believed anyone who likes you, wouldn't make being friends so hard, even if she is very hard on others, if she really likes you, she would lay down the shield. I'm not like Ike or Omin that put in so much effort to becoming friends with a girl, I actually love it when it comes naturally without so much effort from both sides. Somehow I believe she read my mind or maybe sensed I didn't want her to be uncomfortable like she had been with other men she came across on the island. She started slowing down, walking very much slower than she was walking and looking behind like she was expecting me to catch up. I didn't react to this gesture, I still maintained my slow pace and insisted to be sure of what she was trying to do. My bag was quite heavy too, coming from the cabin, I had my travel bag, with almost all you need to camp anywhere, I remembered I was carrying it, and the thought made it even heavier, at this point I was certain I wasn't going to walk faster anymore, except that she then waved at me to run up to her. It was a clear sign this time, so I quickly ran up to her. 


It was already morning in Mafaa island, Sheba and James had been running through the night. The slave masters had already formed a strong search team and set out to hunt him and Sheba down. As much as James had a foolproof get away plan, he forgot about the search dogs the Oyibos have trained to hunt down run away slaves. It was as if it was very easy for them to be found, although it wasn't, but looking at James's plans, it was. Gathered already in the island square were a lot of angry Oyibos who were raging and ready to set Sheba and James ablaze. Fate had it's own plan for Sheba, she was the slave to the wife of a prominent sailor who was away on a voyage, Samuel Adams, the founding father of Mafaa Island, he was very respected even when he wasn't around, his wife Elizbeth (Sheba's mistress), accorded with the same respect regardless. With the intervention of her mistress, she was exonerated leaving James who was a farmland slave to take the fall. Her mistress was more of a big sister to her now, one of the rare Oyibos they ever came across that didn't treat slaves like animals, Sheba was very lucky. Her mistress took her home, in anger Uncle Sam requested James should be handed over to him to take care off in his own way. He wanted to have the satisfaction of punishing him well before he will be executed. Sheba was home with her mistress who was seriously scolding her for endangering her own life for James, slaves weren't allowed to talk back to their masters or mistress whenever they are being scolded. But Sheba's mistress allowed her to explain what happened, that was when she opened up and poured her heart to her mistress about the magnitude of affection she had stored up for James. Her mistress couldn't help her nonetheless, according to the laws of the Mafaa Island, James was supposed to be tied to a stake and burnt to death, and she couldn't do anything that can change that especially when Uncle Sam was involved directly in the matter. But she Sheba had a plan, she just wanted her mistress to grant her permission to go and see what was going on with James herself. 


Her mistress allowed her to go, but warned her that if she gets involved again to a point that it gets out of hands, she might not be able to save her a second time. She thanked her mistress and ran off, down to Uncle Sam's house, she ran all the way there, she didn't get tired. She was really scared she would get there late, because it's been hours her mistress took her away from the hands of Uncle Sam. James could be burning already. She ran like never before, panting and sweating heavily, she ran into the compound into the hands of Uncle Sam's boys who seized her. She demanded to see Uncle Sam, at the entrance, she couldn't even see James, but she could hear the lashes of whip landing on his back and his scream as the whip landed on his skin tearing flesh away. Just the sound of the whip made her break down in tears begging to at least have a word with Uncle Sam. One of the boys went to fetch Uncle Sam, as she was led by the others into the farmyard. She could see James now, although in pains, she was at least happy he was still alive, it could have been worse. Uncle Sam walked out of his garage his whip dripping with blood, James's blood. He had gone to rest his arms from hours of whipping James as his boys took turn in whipping him and also preparing to hang him by the tree. Seeing Sheba have Uncle Same more joy as he wanted her to watch the execution of her boyfriend. Sheba had started pleading as she saw him walk towards her, she had been begging, looking at Uncle Sam's face very obvious that her plea was falling on deaf ears. Until he heard those words "I will do anything you want". He asked her to repeat what she said, she quickly dragged him into the garage raising her gown up and repeating the phrase "I will do anything you want". 


Now this was all Uncle Sam wanted to hear. He had lusted after her for days now, even had wet dreams about her and all he ever wanted was to get a taste of her. All this happening now boiled down to her initial refusal, but if she would change her mind, what's the need of killing this clueless slave that parades himself as a hero, trying to save beautiful slave girls from being raped. "If you spare him, I will do anything you want" she negotiated. "You think his life is worth a night with you"? He asked, grabbing on to one of her breasts. She held his other hand, and placed it on her other breast "I promise it will be worth every minute sir". He smiled and nodded his head "I didn't know he was such a valuable asset, I think I will keep him alive" "thank you sire" she added. "Don't thank me slave girl, you are my slave now too piglet, any night I send for you, and you don't show up, he is dead, do you hear me?" "Yes sire". "Now hold me and kiss me piglet". She forced a smile and held him, she didn't want him to change his mind after having his way, and the only way to do that was to keep a smiling face reminding Uncle Sam that she is happy. James was spared and won't be if he dies. The next minutes were the worst she had ever experienced since she became a slave girl. Uncle Sam didn't even last up to ten minutes with her and climaxed like a horny bull. She didn't even dress up, she ran out in tears to James who was still tied up and was bleeding heavily from his back. 


Story: Nnagoziem TheVyrus Udensi 
Illustrations: Joseph Kendy and Pierre Chevelin 

Comments

Unknown said…
Aaaaaaaaggghhh!!!!! Stupid Redneck
steve said…
Damn! Sad
Unknown said…
"We sail on a high fishing sea, nothing can possibly scare us that we haven't seen"

Popular Posts