Sally Island 9

 Walking home from the chief priest's palace, I was getting drunk off the little wine he gave me. I was supposed to be heading to the shores to go work all night. We make better kills at night when we cast nights on calm waters. I was headed straight home, thinking how hard it will be for me to find Eve the Mutubu mermaid that left us with a treasure chest. It would easily seem like she made is rich if we told anyone about that experience, but it wasn't so. I wanted to find her more than I needed those riches and we also agreed not to tell anyone about incident. Citizens of Sally Island really know how to turn positive things to something negative real quick. I walked through the dark path lonely that night in the embrace of the cold weather, wondering how I was going to find my mermaid crush.  


The cold breeze from the cold trees bowing to the gentle wind blowing through the night clinched to my lungs and squeezed in slowly. My bottle of wine was getting empty and my head getting full. My eyes was getting heavy too, and it wasn't sleep I was feeling, I was getting mad drunk. The chief priest must have given me a strong wine, he brewed his wines himself hard enough to knock a normal person out. I've heard about this before but Sally Island has many myths, and it sounded to me like one of those, so I easily ruled it off as one. I could swear My heavy eyes saw someone coming in the dark, I paused and thought to myself "Eddie you have started hallucinating". Who rides a white horse in the dark?  I was clutching my bottle still, legs rooted to the ground, I don't fear such sights, and I didn't want whoever it was to know I was drunk. It appeared like it was a lady in white riding on a horse emerging from the mild clouds within the forests at night. 


She rode closer on this beautiful spotless stallion starring down at me, I stood firmly on the ground trying extra hard not to stagger one bit. I didn't want to appear like a drunk at all, especially at this odd hour. Being seen drunk at any time in Sally Island was bad for reputation and even worse at this time. I stood staring at her ride closer to me and stopped. She was beautiful, as stunning as Eve the mermaid we encountered on the beach. There was something about this lady, she starred harder than usual and didn't break a smile. I was avoiding a steady eye contact and as well trying not to dwell on her body frame which was all a man would love to see on a woman. She was pretty like that, curves pushing through from under her gown starring into my eyes like it was inviting me to picture what laid beneath, her ass well seated firmly on the stallion without a saddle like she was a female warrior. 


Her breasts were half out from the gown looking firm like an untapped breasts of a just developing teenager. She didn't utter a word still and if I wasn't drunk, I would have said something at that moment, but I was seriously avoiding saying something uncoordinated. I was for a minute lost in lust and I guess she had noticed or feeling same way for second. She smiled like she forgot she wasn't supposed to smile at me, I didn't see the usual fear that was supposed to be in a lady's eyes seeing a man like me in the dark at this moment of the day. She maintained her smile and introduced herself as Adriana. That was some progress I guess, I had to smile back and introduced myself, "Eddie is my name" I slowly told her avoiding her perceiving the odor of the wine oozing from my mouth. It was really hard acting normal when drunk. She bent down In her charms, offering me a bottle of wine, loosing the smile this time, making sure her eyes were fixed steady on me. I felt my sense of reasoning leaving my body like I was being hypnotized by the stare or was it the sight of her cleavage that expelled my reasoning. 


Whatever it was, I felt my sense leaving my body still as I stood In the cold with this strange woman, with a mind running several thoughts within a minute. I had been warned severally as a kid not to talk to strangers, but I wasn't a kid anymore and even if I was, I wouldn't even mind talking to this sexy stranger. I had to give to her, she wasn't scared one bit, even though she saw I was with my machete and might harm her. What if I was a stranger on this island? What If I was dangerous. She should be a little scared at least I reasoned, then It hit me that those questions were supposed to be for me. What if she was a stranger? What if she was dangerous? I didn't put too much mind to it anyway, she had just handed me wine, and I love wine, my curiosity wanted to uncover more details to the event and being too careful has been said to ruin many good moments. The wine poured into a calabash she was carrying was handed over to me, and I gulped it down at a straight go. She smiled again reached for something I couldn't figure at the time revealing to me she had no panties under her gown. I could swear my heartbeat raced faster in excitement, if I was a rapist this would be the moment she would start regretting meeting me in the cold dark path of the woods because added to the wine she gave me, I was loosing my sanity all I wanted at that moment was her body. 


Story: Nnagoziem TheVyrus Udensi 
Illustrations: Joseph Kenedy 

Comments

dobisjulie said…
10 abeg
Engees said…
Hahahahahahahahahahaa! Vyrus
ifeanyi ibeneme said…
U do have a creative mind,good for a writer.av been reading and enjoying
Anonymous said…
Wow !! Interesting !
D' Vixen said…
And you had to go make me scroll further down looking for the best part of the tale!! Biko, complete it o!!!

Popular Posts