Till Death Do Us Part 2


I just got a call from uncle Joe, he wanted me to come over. Guess it was time for me to prove myself like they said to finalize my initiation into the family. Uncle Joe took over leadership of the family after my father died in a plane crash. I've been hearing tales of Uncle Joe from childhood, they called him the boogie boss. He was my father's best cousin and also a stand up guy. They took over the family business from my grand dad and expanded their territories over the years, building a vast connection and a strong reputation. After my introduction to the family after I turned 18, and first initiation, I've been waiting for this call. The call to prove myself and show how tough I am. I heard my performance will determine where I will be placed in the family business. Paulo was arrested yesterday for attempted murder. He tried shooting his ex girlfriend in her new supermarket but once again couldn't even go through with it. Just like he did in his final initiation night, he was asked to shoot an enemy of the family behind the head. Someone already tied up and blindfolded, he couldn't, that would be an easy pull for me. That's why he wasn't placed well enough for him to earn well. He was just a store keeper at one of old warehouses, poor job for a blood relative. Those are the kinda job left for associates owed favours. 
Just as it got dark, I already wore my all black like instructed and told my mom I was going for a party. She knew what I was going for but couldn't do a thing. My uncle already called her and told her the whole family would be going to court for Paulo's hearing even tho the family has decided he will be doing the time; maybe a little jail time will toughen him up for the family business. The whole extended family usually goes to court whenever any one of us has a court hearing. My grandfather made sure the tradition followed that path to show our enemies how united the family is, it builds the family reputation and respect. The family business kept the ladies away from it to protect them from the horrors. There have never been a divorce case in my entire extended family, once one of my aunty tried filling for divorce years back, she mysteriously met with a ghastly motor accident which killed her on the spot. Enough example for the rest of the ladies in the family. Doesn't give the men the right to behave in an uncultured manner. Uncle Victor is still doing time for beating up his wife, Uncle Joe cut of his protection and he was arrested the same week and jailed for 10 years. Enough example for the men. Nobody is allowed to misbehave. My mom never wanted me to, but it was one of my dad's wishes that I join the family business. I also wanted to. I see how my cousins and uncles handle fat cash and are also feared in public. I mention their names and see the terror it leaves on people's faces. I wanted to be like them. So I took off. Just a couple of blocks away from home I was at the old warehouse. The whole family were there, they have to witness my valour. There were no much words as I walked in, a lady was dragged in. I froze, my dad always warned me against violence against women. I wasn't built for this, I let my uncle talk. The lady is Paulo's ex, the one he tried to kill. She infected Paulo with HIV and left him for another HIV positive politician she met at the clinic. She caused my cousin pain and caused his arrest, she has to go. Paulo has been influenced madly by this two timing un-loyal  lady my uncle said, maybe doing away with her will make him toughen up a bit. Maybe a little jail time too. I was handed a pen knife, to further frustrate my courage, I was already having trouble harming a lady now I have to do it with a pen knife? We had more females than males in the entire family and since the ladies can't join the business, we have few blood to be in charge of things in the family. Paulo was very needed in the family and since this lady is a hindrance, it was time for death to do them part 

Comments

Popular Posts