This Ship Must Sail



I'm already sweating 
Tired and fatigued 
I look at my compass 
My target isn't even close 
What of my friends? 
They don't even look weary 
Their wheels are still spinning
Their stallions galloping 
And their chariots speeding through the winds 
Dark clouds are conquered by persistent torches 
 Harsh sun with wooden shields 
We've come a long way 
But should be tired by now 
I am tired 
Why are they not? 
Is the goal more important to them than it is to me? 
I think not 
We have common a goal 
Different means to reach 
But the same goal 
Do I sound weak? 
Some are already reaching the target goal 
Available for few 
I should finish this race 
Although my toes are bruised with cuts from sharp stones 
With my legs itching from the cuts from irritating grasses 
My skin ashy skin getting uncomfortable 
Hands too weak to swing 
Let alone wipe the sweat rolling into my eyes 
The worms in my tummy have given up 
My saliva digests my intestine 
Hunger has a new name with me 
Self destruct 
Fainting to a mirage hallucination
If I reached my goal, my family awaits me at home 
My bride at awaiting me to come home with her price  
Their thoughts my strength 
I must come home with goodies 
Been away took long to come home with sad stories 
This is my silver lining  
I will paddle this boat 
Paddle to my treasure island 
Through this sharks infested stormy seas 
I will paddle 
My prize lies on the shore of that island 
At the end of that tunnel 
At the peak of that mountain 
When we run and quit the race 
The length we covered will be in vain 
No matter the storms that face this vessel 
Or the much this sea gets roughened 
One thing is certain from the dept of my heart 
So far I stir, this ship must sail 
 

Comments

Popular Posts