Mobbing State



This game just turned to favour us. Well, those of us who already gained small reputation from these violent streets. Eddie had a plan, he said oga employs and pays whoever takes care of his obstacles. Eddie said we don't even have to meet him personally, just take care of his enemy and he calls for you the instant the news gets to him. Cool biz!  That was how campuser and his cartel got made. They took care of a journalist that kept writing rubbish about Oga on that local newspaper they call Ogene Ndi Igbo. Now another opportunity just presented itself. Many gangsters and sons of the gun are already out to seize the moment. But today is the day we get favoured. Oga must call us to the Lion building and shake our hands. The first hitman that handled oga's mess now drives multiple flits of cars and live in mansions. Oga knows how to pay a debt, so we are going to make him owe us a favour. There is This reverend father that is using Oga to shine, talking about oga in his preaching; was it wicked generation or what? Saying all sorts of bad things about oga. Thats our key to success in this mobbing state. Today I, Eddie and Lewa Lewa are gonna write our names down again in the history books of these streets. We'll show this reverend how wicked our generation can be. Now Lewa has a great ammo reputation, we needed him to spray the reverend's SUV good. You see, While we were still young learning how to fit a Revolver in our pants, Lewa was out spraying Bullion vans with Uzis and SMGs playing Russian Roullete with Derico in Onitsha. Brother had it going way before I learnt the streets. Eddie on the other hand had a funny reputation of snatching hang bags posing with cassava sticks as guns from women urinating at the trade fair complex. Funny but it gained him a little respect as he was never caught, when the Complex was always littered with law enforcers. But he got another reputation too, he was also the second best driver in the streets, you see Eddie was very keen to learn everything as a kid, everything doable, Eddie learnt how to do it, as soon as his father bought a car, he started stealing the car out to the hood square to take a rough spin and impress the ladies. He was no match for doggy tho, doggy was already shifting gears at 8. That's what happens when your dad dies early leaving you the first son with a car and your mom is too scared to drive. Doggy's skills got known after he drove miles on reverse running from the police when he drove doskey and his crew to a high way robbery. But he wasn't in our crew tho, we and him? Not on the same level. Doggy started working for oga since. Heard he owns lands and properties already, and he is just 17. For me? I'm the cold hearted monster. Runs in the family you know. At a tender age, my dad was already teaching me how to hunt with a sniper. My dad has a reputation in the streets too. He was very rich before he got killed, he was the only person that had a snipe rifle in the whole street. It was even rumored that he was an assassin for the late Sani Abacha. And he was killed after Abacha decided to clean up his mess and run for presidency democratically. But I wouldn't know, I was too little when he died, and my elder brother was deaf so he can't even tell me what happened to my dad, he got deaf after a grenade exploded in his room as a baby, my dad's fault. My mom always said my brother was lucky to be alive and never stopped blaming my dad even at death for her first son's deafness. My younger ones were sent to boarding schools away from the corruption of me and my elder brother. Good choice my mother made tho. It was already too late to cleanse me and my brother, we were already in too deep. My elder brother's only toys were guns. He had em all, 44 Magnum to 40 cals... Smith and Wesson were his favourites. I planned to use his gun for this mission today but he already went out with the semi auto glocks, seems someone was owing him and he needed his money back. You see, since he can't talk, his guns spoke for him. I was left with a revolver and an Awka made. Worst kinda guns for a mission like this. Usually I love awka guns when it's time to scare. I love the way the bullets fall on metal roofs making a shattering sound after you blast a warning shot in the air. But not today, today I needed a more sophisticated weapon. But never the less, I have to use what I have to achieve this credibility. So we jumped into a car Lewa stole last night and we went to wait for the reverend who finished a crusade out of town last night and will be coming back into town this morning. Perfect time for a perfect kill, early morning blood shed, the gods will be in our favour this time. I heard the gods love blood. We will feed them a holy one... What could be better? 
We waited and waited for hours, eyes wide open, because contrary to the usual beliefs, we don't smoke or drink when going for something like this, you see, when you smoke or drink, you get intoxicated and that's when mistakes happen. People say the weed gives you mind, but if you need weed to have a mind for this, then you are not meant for this. Shits like this is for naturals. People who can chop off a head, put it in a bad and travel with it for miles with out breaking a sweat. Be able to give police men genuine smiles at check points without giving them a reason to use the psychology they studied at the academy. Stand up guys. That's what we were, naturals!
The reverend's car was spotted and as planned, Eddie was always at alert, we called him the all seeing eye. He drove in and blocked the reverend off, giving Lewa a clean space to spray the SUV like a car paint with his Uzi. Most have hit the  reverend and others in the car because the driver lost control of the SUV and drove into a tree which left the car smoking. The police sirens were already being heard. Lewa made a hell of a blast with his favourite chopper. Such sounds can't be heard unless it's a bank robbery. Lewa was a gun loving motherfucker. It was my turn... I was the one to put a bullet in the reverend's brains. I stepped out of the car with the awka made, you see, when you want to make a mess, that's the gun you use. One blast to the head and there won't be an open casket funeral for the victim; guaranteed!  I walked close and pointed the gun at the reverend who was already quoting bible passages. One squeeze to seal the deal, and my gun jammed!!! Hell!!! How could I have forgotten that Awka guns jam at will, now I have to go back to the car and get the revolver.  And this was supposed to be a 90 seconds hit. Eddie, stayed shouting "nwanne kee way? Ndi eek na akponye o! Ka anyi na awa nwanne". But I had to finish this kill, if not this reverend will boast of this incident and write it off as a miracle, not knowing Awka guns have a habit of jamming and his ass was lucky. As I pulled the revolver, the police was on sight. Turned around and the reverend was already clutching a bible to his chest. I squeezed again and made a good hit on his chest. 'Yes'. But I noticed he was still moving a bit. Wanted to get closer and take another clean shot to his head this time but Eddie called pumping the gas "nwanne Mua awaaa.... Ichoo ipasa, wusa aru ka eke buru gi". I had to jump into the car before Eddie left me behind. Eddie was a time conscious hit man, that's how he survived. I just hoped the shot to his chest killed the reverend.  Eddie took off on a high speed chase for hours as usual and managed to loose the tail. It was dreadful. I wasn't sure I made a good kill, so I wasn't happy at all. We ditched the car somewhere out of town, two cities away and took a commercial bus back to town. As we reached home, Eddie's phone was already ringing. Oga's number one man Oscar was calling. Guess the news already got to them there was some new kids on the block and... 

-The Young Heart Attack 

Comments

Popular Posts