Good, Bad and Catholic

Watching a documentary on TV this morning, on a lady... an educationist as she was tagged. she was narrating how lucky she was to be educated in the 50s... remembering names of those who helped train her since her parents were broke she mentioned a late Rv. Father who was the principal of the school she attended which was a missionary school owned by the catholic. Then it struck me, that... that most times when our parents mention the schools they attended back in the days, it was ST. this, ST. That. All catholic owned schools... most of them were cheap or free. catholic really helped Africa and I don't think they get the credit they deserve. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a catholic, I never worshipped with them unless on occasions. But I just realised that they did a lot for us... our parents, our community our country. Everybody reading this no matter how rich your family was or is can't say that one or two members of their families never got an undeserving favour from the catholic community. Almost all free or affordable GOOD schools, good in capital letters our parents or grand parents attended were catholic owned not to mention the hospitals. Check the schools owned by other churches now. Even the rich can't afford it, and it's not like they are better than federal or even some state schools but they are just wealth draining. I'm a serious deeper lifer... but hell! catholics did a lot for this country. I don't know why I'm saying this but I don't think they get enough credit for what they did, maybe they do o, but I haven't heard. I always hear bad stories about them and all... saying reverends do this and that... that they decieve and don't follow the bible... bla bla bla... but looking at things this way, I'm just saying, they did more than these churches will ever do even in the future. do you know that almost all the motherless children home is being handled by catholics... Omo eh... I don't even know why I'm talking. good morning shaa..

Comments

Popular Posts