Cupid Lies

Its a shipment of bliss
A nasty relief
Yet a joy kill
Yes I love nasty
I love its shape, its size
Its reward, its prize
I agree with the gods
Cupid is confused
How does it work?
I experience a different story
Its painted perfect
Or was it lies
Was it mischief
Artificial affection tides
In perfect deceit
Cupid should explain
The contract says "forever"
This is like the forbidden fruit
The one I was warned against
But curiosity can't sit still
The bite was sweet
And the taste sour
The joy was swift
Bringing pain in a later hour
Strange excitement at an early stage
Clings of sadness
Sadness in chains
Chains of familiarity and attachment
With strange feelings of expulsion
My soul Is sold
The price wasn't cheap
So I'm a slave with joy
My services didn't come cheap
love left me a hate note
It surprised my chest
My feet was on beach sand
Now on sinking soil
These walls enclosing 
Shouldn't it be my freedom?
Isn't love supposed to be cheerful?
Why do we always fight?
Isn't love supposed to be truthful?
Why do we have to lie?
Lies hurt
You can't take pains away
You can't get back trust
Once you let it sway
Isn't love supposed to be perfect?
Why a crooked smile?
Isn't love supposed to be easy?
Why so much effort?
Please don't tell me this isn't love
I feel the connection
And I know there is a connection
Because I never had one
It felt like the songs of solomon
Now it scares like the revelations
Felt like the spring of life
Now its a lake of fire
I've tried it over and over
Yet it hurts like a wooden stake
Its excites at sun rise
At sun set we fake that smile
At first "I won't stop loving you"
At last "like I have a choice"
Our vows 'for better for worse'
Who knew 'for worse' would come so fast?
Fate will deal a blow
A blow to crush your soul
Your heart will melt to a tender fold
Even a heart of gold
The males blame females
Females blame males
Its not the fault of the fiction
But our thirst for fairy tales
At night the joy won't let you sleep
The morning the joy is gone
All we thought that love would bring
Are thoughts and thoughts go wrong
Dark clouds no rain
Blindness and shades
all we have are olden friends
And thoughts of love that always end
The gods of love are gods of odd
The call for pause a folly flop
Can't blame the heart, the heart that tries
Cause at the end, the very end
The fact are facts that stays a fact
That cupid tried but told a lie

twitter: @thevyrus
instagram: @iamthevyrus

Comments

chris said…
You got mad talent here boy
lynda said…
So true. Very very true

Popular Posts