Early Morning Ramblings 12 :: Mundane Things



'Walk into the gucci store hommie I'm home' LOL that was 2 chains as a Duffle Bag Boy with Player Circle, right after her changed his name from Titi boi to 2 chains when he was still signed to DTP under Ludacris, although that brother raps trash, I think he deserves the fame, he struggled as much as Rugged Man as an up coming artiste, thank God he made it to fame unlike Rugged Man who has been an up coming artiste through out his career. LOL. No offence o, absorb my weird sense of humour. So Its another sunday and I'm stuck at home again, eavesdroping on the sermon from the church close to my crib listening to wizkid's "caro your body necessary" wondering how a girl's body can be necessary. Nigerian singers and their lyrics shaa... Guess I'm the presence of the Lord and Caro at my own comfort zone. I woulda gone to church o, but since I can't wear my cap inside the church, it won't be sexy exposing the kinda hair I'm carrying. This habit of wearing cap all the time has disfigured my hair. Since people don't see my hair, I don't bother taking care of it, even ordinary combing, I haven't combed it in 6 months. So unless I wanna be delivered involuntarily like Jim Iyke, I have no business showing that kinda hair inside a church. Plus I love my demons dearly, any pastor that will cast them away will definitely face my wrath, I don't wanna loose my demons yet, please let nobody deliver me from them. But its somehow o! How can they allow girls to wear trousers and don't cover their hair to church but they won't allow men were caps to church? That is gender discrimination o! Well, did anybody notice we are already in November. Huh? Not July o! Not August, November!!! Already? Yeah! Already! Does it baffle anyone else as much as it baffles me how fast this year was? I mean I closed my eyes in January hoping to wake up and go for service the next month February, only to wake up in November and guess what... Yup! I aint even going for service! Thanks to ASUU and the crooked ways of Computer Engineering Department ESUT and the Engineering faculty entirely, anyway my greatest excuse is that majority of us didn't go either. Well mmadu ama bu ogbenye buru kwa amusu! Since they don't want me to go serve, I'll be going to camp next year with my own car, by God's grace. They say every disappointment is a blessing. And my blessings is showering already. LOL. Its funny how we see how anybody that owns a car as successful. I bet if I go to camp next year with a car, all my mates that served before me will feel they've been useless. Its crazy don't you think? How the mind plays. I mean, the person might have a secure job that he is gonna have for at least the next 30 years and I just did one thing that gave me huge instant cash once and I bought a car. He got a secured future and I don't but yet, he feels I'm better than him because I have a car now and he doesn't have one yet. That's how many girls get trapped into a marriage that will fuck em up later. He went abroad hustled and came back, no steady job, no investment, but rich enough to have a high society wedding. Ten years later you are married to a guy deported with tattoos all over his body and don't even have a job. Wise choice boo boo, real wise choice! Yet other girls at the moment will think the girl is luckier than they are. SMH. That right there is called low self esteem and insecurity. Funny, that shit only happens to people who don't believe in them selves. That's why you see entertainers buying gold chains and designer clothes, expensive cars which at times that is above their average income just to belong. Just to impress, just to feel noticed as successful. Insecurity! And the business men with sound minds and secure mind will exploit them. Check it, you can hardly see a record label owner or a marketer flaunt bling blings... Nah! Rather they will sell it to you, and within two years when it goes out of style, you still come back to him to get the new style and maybe your level of income has depreciated but you still wanna represent. Artiste after artiste, star after star! Stars rise and fall, their music fade and go outta style but Kennis music never fades, Ahbu Ventures, Gucci designers, Versace designers (mind you, 2pac, BIG and Shabba Ranks rocked Versace where are they now? All faded but Burna Boy and these new artistes are still rocking it), Sunny Music, Colombia Records, Def Jam, Motown Records and Obiano Music never goes out of style. And yet you thing the musicians are the very rich ones? Very funny and lame. Sweating over irrelevant shits, wasting your money on things that don't matter just to look like you shinning. You wanna buy a bentley a rolls royce, a lamborghini or a buggati when clearly you can't afford it at ease. See them buying multiple houses they are not even living in, just for the newspaper to mention that they have a million dollar mansion in Lekki and in Atlanta. Chill, don't get me wrong, wanting the finer things of life is good o! But if you are doing it to get recognised or noticed, you are so damn wrong. Example, if you are p-square, you are p-square and nothing will change that, bentley or no bentley, you are living large, if you have self confidence, you don't need to prove yourself to anybody! Nobody! They say Aku na esi obi ike! Picture these names: Fela, Mandela, Ojukwu, Martin Luther King, Ghandi, Obama, even 2pac or any of those legends. Are any of them being remembered because of the gucci they wore or the buggati they drove? Nah! They are remembered for the impact they left on people's lives! Not the mansion they own or do not own!  Those shits are for insecure people who wanna belong, or have you seen Mark Zuckerberg or Steve Jobs or Bill Gates or Dangote or any of these billionaires wear  gucci this, fendi that? Some of em even dress anyhow to make an appearance. And they are the ones that are so rich, they don't even know what to do with money anymore. But they are busy making an impact to start bothering about how to let you know they are shinning. Take for example Kendrick Lamar and 2 chains, Lamar has no time for all those irrelevant show off dressing like 2 chains, but Lamar still get recognised and respected way more than 2 chains. Have you ever seen 2 face wear a 400 thousand naira shoes, show off cars and bottles of champagne  or any fancy clothes like Dbanj and Don Jazzy always do? But who is more respected? Its crazy things we do to get recognised neglecting the main thing that will get us there... Simply do things to help your fellow human, in one way or the other, effective use of your skills to help others or put a smile on the face of others will get you recognised faster than investing in making yourself shine... Well I'm just a kid in his mid twenties with little or no experience  in life, what do I know? Well I'm not saying you should buy my idea, I just had to ramble out what laddens my head so on this note *in mercy johnson's voice* I took my leave *grin* 


Comments

Popular Posts