Nigerians at 53

Of all the days in this ember month, my waist pain decided to strike today! Of all damn days! And I've been saving my dimes and putting my kobos together to blow off like a boss today. I blinked my eyes open this morning with excitement, yawned like a hungry chimp, ugly sight huh? LOL. yeah! I slept last night, after a long while of sleepless nights. I slept like a log. This morning was supposed to be a happy day, but I woke up to a sharp pain around my waist. Seems I'm ageing like I got progeria. Laid still like and old man and called for help, you should see my brothers laughing at me (at times I wish I have a sister, at least she will be the only caring soul I have around me). Moms rushed in oh, and I told her my waist pain is at it again. She hissed and walked away "I've warned you to stop sleeping out, I spent a lot to get you this orthopaedic foam, and you don't even use it because you keep sleeping out", those were her comfort words. My mom isn't the type that pampers tho, she raised us like soldiers, once as a kid I got stung by a scorpion, I was 6 then, that night, she warned me not to play out, stubborn me won't listen, so when I got stung, the woman didn't even shake LMAO, she turned a serious deaf ear that night, see me that hates onions as I was hustling the damn thing like an asthmatic patient hustles for oxygen. That statement was all the help I got for my waist pain this morning although she later gave me drugs this evening, and she's supposed to be a nurse o! Takes care of other sick people, but when its my turn, she becomes a mom instead of a nurse. Well, like that, I was stuck indoors so all my celebration was limited to the internet. Yeah! I surfed as usual. At first it was great, knowing that other african countries like Kenya, Germany and New Zealand celebrates us in their countries, made me feel proud of being part of the gaint of Africa, some South Africans too and Zambians too. They celebrate Nigeria's independence with us. It was a big 'wow' for me, because I never knew about that.
Finally I came down to my Blackberry Messenger and there were B.Cs everywhere with all my excitements and all, I started reading em one by one... By the time I finished, damn! I lost my joy and ended up with a sad independence instead of a happy independence. These fools were sending only negative B.Cs! Depressing shits! Poverty this, bad governance that, injustice this, bribery that, NEPA this, PHCN that, poor education system, boko haram, corruption, asuu strike bla bla bla... After reminding me of all the reasons I shouldn't be happy they now said 'Happy Independence'. Idiots! I mean who does that? Its just like someone saying 'please don't be offended o' and then says something really offensive and now ends it with 'no offence'. I mean, who are we reminding of the ills of the country? Who? Who? Abeg who? Who doesn't know how bad things are here? The only one day we can just pretend things are fine and have fun. All we do is post all over the internet the bad things that happens here. Abeg who are we telling it to? God? Abi we are expecting other countries to leave their own issues to come handle ours? Or we are just seeking pity? What's the aim of all those complains? We don't even know how good we have it. Y'all don't understand that there's no Utopia on earth, the US is the most hated country in the world, and everyday they live in fear of terrorism! UK pays more taxes than they earn, how many times have a nigerian been jailed for tax evasion? China has population issues and high poverty rate, india too. The whole mid west is at one war or the other. Japan is still healing from their artificial and natural disasters. I mean where is perfect? Where? But you see them all celebrating their independence like they are all perfect and we are here washing our drawers in public. Look at what happened in Kenya last week, with all the malls we got scattered errwhere in this country, if some shit like that happens? Damn! It'll be hell. Anyways.. I'm not saying we aint passing through hard times here, but we can look at the bright side at least for today, I mean our great grand fathers complained 'things are bad in this country', our grand fathers 'its a tough world out here', our fathers 'things are hard', we 'naija dey fucked up'. When will we realise that as far as the world exists, things are gonna be fucked up? Look a little at the bright side. In a country where Religion and Governance has failed, at least Entertainment and Business are thriving well. Haven't y'all noticed our entertainers and businessmen are doing well for themselves? Going international and bringing home goodies and heavy attention! It may not be much but at least we got something. We are complaining that at 53 Nigeria haven't changed, its a shame that at 53 we Nigerians do nothing but complain just like our forefathers did. And did complaining do any change? Nah! It only killed, Dele Giwa, Fela, and Saro Wiwa, the only public complainant that stayed alive is Soyinka, because he ran to USA after Abacha sentenced him to death, now he came back to make a living off abusing our first lady on TV. LOL. Look at the bright side Nigeria, I just hope I rambled out a little sense this night, at least that's the best I can do from a sick bed. LOL. And if anybody send me a B.C of education E8, nepa F9 again eh! I'll show the person I didn't fail my waec neither did I vandalise nepa's cable wires. To a happy Nigeria!!! Happy Independence!!

Comments

Popular Posts