Early Morning Rambling 8 :: Old Friends

So I woke up in Achina, Aguata, Anambra state, surprised as hell! How I got here? Crazy as hell! If you told me I would be in achina by now yesterday, well I'll prolly believe you. LOL. I know you were expecting me to say "I won't believe it" like the usual routine. Sorry, that's why I'm me. Chill, I know you are wondering how this morning's ramblings will end. If I will make you laugh like most of my ramblings or be as serious as yesterday's, well I can promise nothing but I'm sure you will always learn one thing or the other like my prior editions. spontaneous living has been a style, well before my recent solitary confinement. Its usually like this when I was young and reckless, but now we getting older and reckless living is now scary, we now do shits with old mind, we now think before we act. Before we come to our senses right after we cum, but now, we cum with our common sense. If you told me I would ever sit down to download songs by Bright Chimezie, Don williams, Ray Charles, Louis Armstrong and em old classic musicians, I won't believe. Back then its was all about No limit, Murder inc, Old cash money, Swisha house, D12 and Disturbing tha peace, crazy hip-hop. We getting really old anyway, but I wish my friends T.I, Bugzy and Jaja believed that. But nah! Not those bastards! They will call you up unplanned and tell you "Vyrus tomorrow na chike sister trad o, make we dey enter achina this night, we get hands say babes full". LOL. From a busy day, see me jumping into the bathroom and folding wet clothes into my travelling bag and squeezing myself into and old 406 with stoned friends who that don't even know the road to our destination, hitting the road by 7pm to embark on a 2hours journey with a driver who has eye problem and half drunk. What could be more spontaneous? Its been really long I tried such shit, my bones are already getting used to laziness and heart pumps blood like a sickler's. These boys awakened my adrenaline last evening exposing me to the risks of fast lane living. Damn! It was worth it tho. Well, once in a while its needed since it seems we are all getting scattered all over the world in the name of hustle soon, when one of them travelled to Paris I thought he was gone forever missed that motherfucker like I missed Nzewigbo. LOL. Nwanne, I really appreciated that moment yesterday. In a convo Jaja reminded us that during his trad wedding that he's not expecting anyone of us squeeze into someone else's car to his wedding, he really hammered the warning that he's expecting us to come show off in his village so he can show his family he got made friends. Omo as this guy said this shit my eyes opened. Few years back It was all about hip-hop but now its classics that make sense to me. Now its girlfriend things, pool parties and night clubs, soon it'll be wifey things, Bachelor parties, naming ceremony and family dinners. Damn! Getting old is scary and sounds boring until it starts happening. One of the comforting part of getting old is getting old with people you were young with. Yesterday we had a lot of "remember when" moments, I've been through so much with these guys and I pray we stay friends, this one I already lost my best friend to a broad, He was usually with us at moments like this until delila came into his picture. Well when I listen to Drake's no new friends, I can totally relate to that, same niggas I ball with I fall with. We started from being 'the new kids on the block' to 'the knock around guy' we are phasing to 'league of extraordinary gentlemen' before 'mothers and father Nigerian association' and finally 'the old rugged cross'. Friends make ageing bearable. Lol. Today We've toured the whole of achina at the moment, even saw their market with a nollywood section, lol. Gone to see T.I's ex-girlfriend's grand mom and still got lots of shits to do, so I gotta go y'all. Erm... My point is, old friends are still very much more fun than new friends, very much fun, keep yours close no matter what. On this happy note, *in mercy Johnson' voice* I took my leave! *big grin*
 @thevyrus

Comments

Popular Posts