Early Morning Ramblings 5 :: Family Ties

Did you see the moon last night? Wow! Full and bright. It rained yeah, but before that. I slept smiling in warmth tho it was cold outside, benefits of sleeping in independence layout. No cock crows to wake me up unlike it is in my family house, or morning chores that weakens my mind extreme laziness when I remember its morning. My mom will always walk into the room calling my name and my brothers "wake up, its morning. I know you have no where to go but I have to be at work before eight" and of course she'll complain about the scattered room and 'Cartoon' my last brother will act like he's arranging the room waiting for moms to leave so he can continue with his sleep. Biggity my immediate younger brother is on I.T and loves his job, a young pharmacist, shit pays him more than Trufit pays wayne, so the wake up call every morning actually puts a smile on his face because he can't wait to go to work. See him freshening up like a working class guy, me lying in bed jealous as fuck. Arrgh! Ojemba, my cousin bro, is the worried one. He does most of the work since I'm not actually a helpful soul. LOL. I just hate being at home in the morning, its not a vacation morning at all. Did I mention my dad will always make me lead in choruses, read the bible and also pray during the morning devotion? Yeah! He does. Y'all never wonder how I know the bible too much? Yup! That's him! My dad. With his mean face he'll always say "Nnagoziem lead us in choruses", that sentence breaks my heart. Then I'll stall a bit and put up a frown, yawn like I'm tired, complain in my mind, of course I can't say shit to him. I inherited my bad temper from him, he's a no go area when he's angry. SMH. Then I'll start an old gospel song they've all forgotten.
Since I don't go to fellowships anymore, I don't really know new songs. God help me, one day I'll sing 'limpopo' at a morning devotion. Its really tiring every morning in my house. So few days off my house is usually like vacation. Its crazy how we all love freedom, we want it at all cost. We don't wanna listen to our parents, we most times think we have it all figured. But its funny tho, when the going gets though, its them that come to our mind first. Its just amazing how they do it, figure out a friend who's fake waaaay before you figure. Your mom will always tell you, I don't like that your friend, at the long run you'll see why she said that. But any of the friends she welcomes, most times sticks. For boys, who comes to your mind whenever you get your ass in trouble? Dad! Each time. We can't really do without em you know, sometimes I see grown men married and all borrowing money from their dad to do business. Its funny. Really funny, that's why from time to time I tend to wonder how orphans cope. Shit must be really hard for them. Really hard. Those who lost either their mom or dad, no matter how annoying they were when they were alive, you'll miss em. Except of course for those rich as fuck. Yeah! Swear down, when a rich man dies, it seems their kids don't miss em. I'm telling you, seem em struggling over inheritance like wtf. Counting their blessings and all. LOL. Some who's dad are still alive are just lazying and waiting for the old man to drop dead. I'm telling you, I'm telling you! People dey o! At times I wonder if these riches are really worth it at the long run. Its crazy, really crazy. Imagine me wishing my dad will die so I'll inherit gini? This old Volvo? Lands in the village? Or what? Even the money sef, see my stubborn brothers battle me to the last for equal shares. Ewooo! Abeg let the man live o! Ike adighii'm. Biggity is practically huge taller and stronger than me now, I gave that little brat two years and half, how the fuck did God allow him become bigger than me? The little Cartoon I gave 9 years got a worse temper than I do, lil nigga hit me with a stick on my head once. So hard I lost consciousness for a minute. Imagine what I'll face if shit gets real. Abeg I'm afraid of my younger brothers o! But I love em. Omo you can't choose family, its friends you choose. At the end of the day, you are stuck with family, no matter how much you try to gain freedom from em, you still need em. When everybody walks away, when you are asked to go home, everybody goes to family. Its always family first. Well, not all the time shaa, mua noro na enu ife, popsi kpoo'm, nwanne mua na silence the call o! LOL. Crazy me yeah? Nwanne na my early morning ramblings o! I don't even have to make sense, its rambling, I'm just talking anything that comes to mind early in the morning. Its a saturday morning and thank God I'm not in my family house, ara aka agba'm na ututu'a. LOL. Family got its dramas, but its those dramas that bonds us, just like a couple that fights a lot, you can't fuck with em, they'll join heads together and pull you down. On this note... *in mercy johnson's voice* I took my leave. *grin*

Comments

Popular Posts