Wrong Swap

This was the second time I was running into Pauline in two weeks. It was unusual, she had fully gone into runs and yet I still love her. Each time I see her, I still get the same rush I got the first day I saw her. Our break up was a quiet one, we understood we needed to part ways, I had just enrolled into the Police Force so I can at least pay my college fees, Pauline was too beautiful to suffer with me. She had already told me she wouldn't let the next rich man that comes her way slide,it didn't matter if he was married or not. Seeing her again at the club left me thinking about a lot even though I was dancing with Esther, my new girlfriend. Esther was a rough barrack girl I met after I was allocated a room in the central police station barracks. She wasn't up to my standards at all, our relationship was based mostly, if not entirely, on sex. Being the club was a big deal to her and she was too lost in the moment to notice when Pauline signaled me to meet her at the restroom. I knew she'd missed me, I miss her too. As I dashed to the restroom as fast as I could, I ran into a bloke who looked like he had spent his month's salary on a bottle of Moet trying to impress a girl who seemed to be way out of his league. He took his stands ready for a fight and though I knew I should apologise for pouring his drink, I hadn't time for either fights or long apologies. I whipped out my I.D and thrust it in his face then quickly brushed him to the side rushed off to the rendezvous point. Pauline was already leaving... her sugar daddy had come up stairs with her, she just handed me her purse as she walked past me "text me the room number". I opened the fat purse, it had more than my month's salary in it. Obviously Pauline wasn't an ordinary year one student anymore. I couldn't go back to the dance floor with Pauline's purse, Esther would ask questions, and she was a wild barracks girl that always started up fights over the most ridiculous reasons. And I couldn't ditch Esther I had only one option, so I ran to the hotel reception and booked two rooms, one for Esther and one for Pauline and to make sure nothing went wrong, I booked them ten rooms apart from each other, room numbers 38 and 48. I was already feeling excited and with more money in my pocket, I decided to order more Champagne. Esther drinks more than I do and amazingly she hardly ever got drunk .. she only sweats a lot. Since I already booked a room, I suggested she go take her bath in the heat of things while I wait for her down at the club. I had already sent a text to Pauline asking her to meet me at room 48, so I was waiting for her call, if Esther would take the whole night to bath, I wasn't bothered. I had plans with Pauline, and Esther would never know about it. Twenty minutes later, Pauline called sounding panicky and saying something about her sugar daddy chasing after her for stealing his money. She was already on her way to room 48. I had to rush to go meet her up there, but when I checked, I realized I had given Esther the keys to room 48 instead of room 38 and as I drew closer, I could hear Pauline knocking on the door where the drunk lunatic was taking her bath. Phew!

Comments

Popular Posts