Sally Island 25

Eve seemed a little indifferent was we walked, I tried to start up a conversation but she didn't seem to be in the mood. This was one of my greatest fears, the major reasons I don't see any girl on the road and walk up to her. I hate being in this position, it was top on my unwanted lists. But I was confused also, I couldn't understand the reason she would be that way, she was the one that waved me to walk up faster, or did I misunderstand what she meant. I was also afraid she might go really south on me. Maybe she wanted to unleash all the discomfort she had in the island on me. She didn't sound friendly at all, she was quiet most of the time as we walked down to wherever she was going to. I didn't still want to be a major discomfort to her also, so I decided to be mute since she didn't want to talk. I however walked with her in silence like she chose, it wasn't the best deal, but it was what I was getting so I had to make do until maybe she might possibly decide to have a little change of mind and become  a bit lively. I starting paying attention to her body, I watched it slowly, storing details of her parts in my head, the little times she smiled, my head recorded, storing up such moments to gladden my heart maybe later when I will have to remember her. This new her didn't seem like she was going to last an extra one minute with me once she gets to her destination. I followed her to the stream, the stream was in the middle of the plantation that led to the River. 


We continued walking by the path beside the stream towards the River, I was certain this was Eve, she was maybe going to take a leave. Maybe dive into the water like Omin said he saw the last time she was here, with her basket of plantain. I wonder what Mammy waters do with with unripped plantain, i didn't bother myself much with such details. I just secretly wished the Eve I met last time will come back, she was much more friendlier the last time I saw her. We got to the River bank with little or no conversation, I already ruled she didn't want to get with me, so I thought maybe she had something she was after in particular and wasn't interested in being distracted. Then running out of options, I thought maybe I could buy her time, so I pulled out one of the old notes the Oyibos brought to Sally Island, you know we never used to use that kind of money before they came. In Sally Island the currency we used was originally formed from basic items, materials, animals and even people available in the locality to create a medium of exchange. This started to change as European colonial powers introduced their own monetary system into any place they invaded and claim they administered. Before the Oyibos invaded Sally island with their culture, we used shells, ingots, Gold, golddust and gold coins (the Asante), arrowheads, iron, salt, cattle, goats, blankets, axes, beads, and many others. Their culture started influencing some of Sally islanders and they started getting involved in kidnapping and selling our brothers and sisters for that stranger paper note, a slave could be bought back then with what they called manilla currency; multiples of X-shaped rings of bronze or other metal that could be strung on a staff. To improve their trade, they Oyibos introduced their own currencies to their colonies or produced local versions of their currencies. 


So I thought maybe the Mutubus had the same influence too, so I brought out one of the notes, the Oyibo notes and showed Eve. I told her I would give it to her if she will talk to me. Somehow that statement touched her, I didn't quite figure how it happened but she changed from her maintained frown and suddenly broke into a smile. I practically watched her brighten up like she lit up the darkness that already surrounded us. It was certain that it was past her time of stay on dry land, certainly not as the last time she visited us, she was on a different mission this time. I sat close to her in the cold environment of the River waiting to hear the first word that she would say. "Can you make a fire?" She asked pointing out that she initially saw me carrying a bag packed with camping items. "How long were you intending to stay wherever you were going to?" She asked again not even giving me a chance to answer her first question. I didn't want her to know all those kits were for me to camp and wait for whenever she was going to show up at the plantation. So I skipped the last question and replied the first. "Yes I can make a fire, I can cook also. I'm sure you are hungry" she smiled and didn't say anything. I quickly gathered some dry woods around keeping my eyes on her. As I initially suspected she was trying to get rid of me knowing I was going to go and fetch wood and maybe she could use that opportunity to disappear on me. She noticed I tracked her with my eyes and wanted to be sure she didn't disappear on me. She smiled again "I'm not going anywhere, concentrate and get the firewoods, plus I'm hungry too, so get enough that can make us a meal too". Just hearing that hastened my hustle, I wanted to cook for her, especially because she cooked for us the last time and didn't even give us a chance to return the favour. 


So I quickly gathered the firewood, ran back, made fire and started fixing a quick meal. "You know, you are different from your friend". She was referring to Omin, Omin had earlier ruined our reputation with Eve with his last act. So she quickly concluded we all must be the same since we flocked together, she didn't want to get as friendly as she got the last time with Omin. She believed she gave him the opportunity to misbehave and that's why he did. And didn't want to make the same mistake with me again, that's why she was mean to me earlier. "You know it was really brave of you sticking up for me like you did at the market, sorry I didn't pay you enough attention, I didn't want to encourage you to act like your friend." "You know, it doesn't matter now, we are here, aren't we?" I added with a grin. "I had told my friend I liked you, I don't know what he perceived from what I said but i suppose he saw it as a challenge of a race to the witch mountain." "Are you calling me a witch?" She asked with a loud laugh. If she hadn't laughed, that would have been an awkward question because I wouldn't know what to answer. My excitement was being pushed too far and I guessed it was time to slow down. Luckily she didn't give me a chance to answer that "you know I think I liked you then also" she continued "you seemed like the youngest and you were innocent, your innocence attracted me to you." She said with an impish smile. I couldn't believe I was having such a conversation with Eve, I had that look she loved again. I was lost thinking about how I was gonna tell my friends I spent time with Eve, I had that smile she loved again. And like that she started kissing me. 


I quickly responded, even though I was scared for a déjà vu. Recollecting the last time I kissed a girl, turned out to be Adriana the living dead, didn't want to be in such a situation again, although I already knew Eve was a Mutubu. Maybe the foreknowledge made it easier to handle than the prior experience. We started out with a gentle mouth print on each other's lips, flowing with the rhythm of the ocean wave as it went back and forth, my eyes closed with my mind very open with thoughts of what to do next. You know how it is when you kiss a girl you care about for the first time, although you are excited and appreciative of the step taken to kiss you, you want to go further but at the same time you don't want to pass across the wrong message, you don't want her thinking you want just her body, although you want her body, but the connection is also important to you, so you don't even know of you should just keep kissing or reach for the breasts. I was that confused, so I waited and hoped she will encourage me to make a progressive move. Just as I thought of it, she gave me a tongue flipping me to the ground. I didn't feel the cold from the River beside us anymore, I felt the rush within my veins, escaping my brains and rushing down to my pants leaving me with an erection that wiped every atom of knowledge in my brains. I bet Eve was under the same spell as I uncupped her breast, I felt the tingling sensation run through her body as I clipped her nipple with my two fingers, she clutched me tighter with her thighs, limiting my breathing ability to just moans, forgetting her lips covered my mouth and my nose wasn't just enough to breathe fine. Suddenly we started getting interrupted by other mammy waters that have been watching us from the water for a while now, I actually saw them and pretended like i didn't, because Eve didn't want me to see them, maybe they like watching people make out but as soon as they noticed it was about going beyond exchange of saliva, they suddenly remembered Eve was supposed to be home by then


Story: Nnagoziem TheVyrus Udensi 
Illustrations: Chevelin Pierre 

Comments

Unknown said…
Why this kind interruption na
Unknown said…
Omo.. as the action wan start oga vyrus.. cut am.. na wa oooo..

Popular Posts