Delta Hunter

Reality is a coward
It's posed with is strategies, short forms of power 
I didn't stop at nothing. 
The world scared me when the world neglected me 
I was born to riches, riches God handed my city 
You would believe your tales about your city to be a city even without the amenities 
Mine had no health 
My city wasn't healthy 
The Government hurt us 
They pay no attention to us 
They raid us and pollute our lands 
They said it was the only way for the country to survive 
What of us? 
Are we not the country?  


Scared within and outside 
Blessed but living in penury 
I wouldn't understand that 
I've tried but it isn't coming to me 
I live poor 
Within a community few live large 
I would investigate at a later hour 
But this hour I have to pay attention to Eddie 
I have to pay attention to my god
He shows me how to survive where I've been left to die 
It's been a world of oil faces and ashy feet 
He told me about the way 


The way our likes survive 
Our likes find a way for themselves 
In a system where we don't matter 
We at least matter to ourselves 
This way needs my signature on earth 
Inked with blood 
I sign, life or death 
They say it's Red and Blue 
Red is death and Blue is life 
I signed it to see it 
See it help myself 
The way involves a lot 
Chemicals at night on the heavy 
Heavy pipelines laid by the white men 
Them white men collaborating with our greed 
Our selfishness 
To the detriment of my like 
So we find a way 
A way to fix a pipe within the pipe and pump the crude 
Barrels rolled at night to camps 
Camps of crude 
Crude in crude 
Death is seen 


Within the crude, death is seen 
Within the crude life is lost 
But that's how we are on the lookout 
On the lookout for the greedy enemy 
To ruin them, we need to prosper 
We burn of the gas to waste 
The white men are angry 
We waste gas and the tar 
They make money off of it all 
We burn off the gas and tar 
That's the best you can do 
Refining crude with crude 
We know we waste it but we have to do it 
They claim they know better 
Maybe they do 
But when we cry, those tear drops are true 


So they come to hunt us 
Under the white man's orders 
They call us hooligans 
They tag is vandals 
But who are really the vandals? 
This is our land
They spill oil on us and kill our crops 
They kill our ecosystem 
Fishes fry before they are born 
Our mothers are called names 
Our children starve 
So they take advantage of your girls 
Exploiting on our hunger 
The hunger they caused 
So we hunt them too 
They are like a crocodile attack on us 
So we hunt them 
A crocodile that left it's water to come hunt 
Hunt on our lands 
So we hunt them 
We hunt them like we need their skin for a special leather 
Their flesh for a special meal 
Their tail for a fancy razor 
Their blood for a fancy heal 
So we hunt them 
Just like they hunt us 
We hunt them till we make a perfect kill 


Devil's Scourge | The Vyrus 

Comments

Popular Posts