I became a politician



Arms of steel 
Reaching for alms to steal
For the love of dirty business 
Passion for crime illness 
You can't see it coming until you are part of it
Nah! Not even a dime to forfeit 
Take it, yes! Take it all 
Like a pirate on a treasure shore
Take it 
Preachers on gold pulpit 
Robbers with golden Uzi 
Same end it holds with
Greed and thievery 
Falsehood and piracy 
Whose hands are clean? 
With your three piece suit on a blazer jean
Whose hands are clean? 
Walks with no gangster lean
Is that it? 
Rouges with kaftan and Agbada 
Ain't no better than touts in Awada 
I will love that game
I've dealt in worst deeds with no gains 
Today I declare 
My voice can't disappear 
Even amidst the compound of thin air 
I mislead my peers 
It was democracy day yesterday 
And I left my conscience with it 
I'm identifying with my country's dismay
I'm a patriot within 
I will join a sect of lairs 
Role on their asphalt like a tubeless tyre 
I will give my support to the devil's advocate 
So his love will reciprocate 
Involvement of wonders 
Like special moments with a friendly magician 
Making my name vibrate like a bolt of thunder
Yes! Today I just became a politician




Comments

Popular Posts