Early Morning Ramblings :: Knowledge and Religion

I sing in silence in appreciation of a new day, not because its any different from the others since I've been stuck indoors waiting for my call up letter. But being thankful in silence wouldn't hurt anybody now would it? Its funny how lots have changed. I used to wonder what became of my friend Mac Skillz, got dark and lost his faith in God, now an atheist. Rubbing mind with one of my girlfriends, yeah! I can't help it, when four girls are in love with you, and you are already their friends, you don't need to have sex with them before they tag you a boyfriend without your permission, so yes! One of my girlfriends. She's very religious and I'm sure I was top of her prayer list in Shiloh last year december, ndi winners and their fervent prayers. She was scared for me, said I'm going too dark just like my friend skillz, believing in future I might become an atheist too. I beg to differ anyway, I was born in a living church, parents married in Assemblies of God and I was born in Deeper life, I'm sure I might be conceived in His presence. LOL. Growing up inclucated with Bible verses, I'm sure God won't let me turn so apostate. Well I throw caution to wind and blame it on youthfulness I know, but still God is merciful although this bible verse always get me feeling guilty "do we continue in sin so grace shall abound?". I know God is not stupid, I tell my girlfriend all the time, well not the girlfriend I have constant fights with. At times I wonder, with all these girlfriends and I'm not getting any younger, when its time for marriage, its gonna be so messed up. Hearts will be broken, people will die, chemical weapons may be used at my wedding and there shall be rumours of wars. LOL. That's me making fun of everything. People believe my idleness is ASUU oriented, well partially, but even if I was working in a bank I won't be leaving facebook alone. Back to the subject at hand, recently I noticed my smart friends are loosing their faith in God.
Mac skillz I.Q is definitely more than average, nigga so smart he knows the whole American history and follows everything that happens in that country, I call him the yankee living in west Africa. Mac skillz is an atheist. Lexy introduced me to hip hop, when I was still caught in the mushy web of celine Dion, West life and Micheal Learns to Rock, Lexy Lamborghini Otis showed me the hip-hop light. He was a core fan of the Old cash money, No Limit and Swisha House. Now switched to metal rock! The type that disturbs the soul, and he pays attention too much and with an I.Q higher than average he became a Satanist. He believes he is God, yeah I know, many of you will say 'oh that is blasphemy' I wouldn't doubt you, I'm not really a satanist, I don't even know where my faith is but I sure as hell do believe in God and I fear him like a Nigerian civilian fear a soldier. I even wrote a poem with him 'When hell awaits' where he was advocating for his master the Devil and I was advocating for mine; God! I can remember Mac Skillz the atheist siding Lexy in his comment on that poem. (If you wanna read the poem, you can ask for the link later). Now I have more very smart and intelligent friends flipping their faith, Jaja Okey Ugwu and Chuka Dealer Anekwe. Now Jaja, is more like me, but younger... Nerdy gangster, he is a reader and a follower of the ways of the mafia, acquainted with the rules of the machiavelli jaja is among the few smart gangsters I met in school. Like I said, he's a reader and pays attention to things happening around him. Suddenly the Anglican born christian is believing the Bible is a fairy tale together with Chuka Anekwe who is a first class geek! Totally chuka is a geek, I don't need to explain his smartness, I.Q higher than average, two times medical student and a book worm, writing for two major newspapers in Nigeria, he also runs a sacarstic blog, in my own words anyway. Mad writer. He even edits some of my works before I publish it. Chuka also now is loosing his faith in Christianity, let me not say God anyway, I know he still believes in God but like me, he stays confused about religion but as far as christianity is concerned? Totally written off! Now it slowly boils down to a point, I know you will be wondering by now where my rambling is heading to, this friday morning when my mates are having butterflies in their tummy in regards to Thank God Its Friday I'm here rambling. Well TGIF is basically for people who's been working all week, if you don't have a job like me and you are happy its friday, you are worse than Windows vista in a collection of Microsoft modern operating systems. So I've been wondering, why is it that its only the extremely smart folks that loose faith in God? I don't wanna go far, so I will stay within the walls of my acquaintance, I would mention Wole Soyinka but I don't know him too well as to know the circumstances behind his atheism. But also a friend of mine, Onyeka Nwelue, a super writer I fear he is the Soyinka of our age, already have a 5000 words biography on wikipedia I believe he is doing good for himself. But he suffers same fate of loosing faith. I tend to wonder, why? Seems to me too much information leaves your mind stranded. When you are exposed to too many facts and with a high I.Q, you start reasoning. You come up with too many unanswered questions, I believe it fucks your mind up. So yeah, I believe its too much information. Yeah! I'm convinced, well I better stop reading all these journals and watching these documentaries. Well, this is me thinking aloud again in total laziness and idleness. I even have clothes to wash, well what do I have younger ones for? Its a beautiful day isn't it? And yeah! I forgot to mention, my girfriend will be coming over too...hehehehe. Wanna meet her? In your dreams! LOL. Well lemme see what my friends have to say about my early morning ramblings. On this note *in Mercy Johnson's voice* I took my leave! *grin*

Comments

Popular Posts