Early Morning Ramblings 7 :: Misguided Intentions

For the first time in years I was actually praying for the weekend to come. Monday is basically my favourite day of the week but from this last monday, I did 40 days dry fasting and prayers for this weekend to come fast. I prayed like Jesus did in the garden of gethsemane, well not really so I could ramble as usual, which I know people now look up to. And shit now scares me, I started this early morning ramblings now people inbox me to remind me weekend is coming and they are waiting, even my girlfriend told me last night, "remember, you are rambling tomorrow" and the series now being featured on one of the most popular eastern entertainment download site (mizsunshine.com), it seems like much pressure already, and I'm not really a pressure friendly human. Well back to my main rambling, this week from monday I sensed it to be annoying so my prayer for the week was "Lord if its possible, may the cup of the week be taken from me and given to any of my enemy yet not as my will but your will be done, no infact lord let my will be done, I wish this week on my enemy" I actually called names of my enemies I wished this week on them, yet I still went through the week and here I am again. Lying down with a sad face in a room with a broad I don't even know her name, hung over from the pool of liquor I dived into last night. I really fought this week, I fought it like Unicef fights malaria. It almost even turned me to a beast, swinging my mood all the time and making me a nightmare for my friends who ends up even making me feel worse. You know most times, we become the exact same thing we are trying to protect our loved ones from. We try making them happy and end up being their main source of unhappiness, unknowingly anyway.
Just like parents trying to protect their children from the wicked world. They give you rules like, don't hangout with these guys, don't stay out late, don't do this don't do that. If you look into it, you'll see they are actually trying to protect their kids from the wicked world but at the end of the day those kids end up seeing their parents as the wicked ones. Same as a jealous spouse, jealousy is usually driven by excessive uncontrolled affection. You see a guy in love with a girl and hate seeing her with other guys, trying to protect her from these corny guys trying to set a P and ball. But at the end of the day, he ends up being the one that balls. Boko haram and em, trying to protect their own from bad influence of the west, Which we know the west actually has a bad influence on we Africans but see what a good job boko haram has done. Its crazy, niggas do crimes to provide for their family but end up loosing their family if they ever get swallowed by the hustle. Its always been a careless expression of love that leads to such a deadlock of affection. Like the old saying, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. I just hope we don't in one way or the other end up at the wrong side of the tunnel. I just hope. From my tone this morning, you migh have sensed that I'm not really in the humour mood today, so forgive my seriousness. Maybe tomorrow will look up, yeah! I'm hopeful and optimistic that tomorrow will look up. Well on this note *in mercy johnson's voice* I took my leave.

@thevyrus

Comments

Popular Posts