Ballad for a Broken Girl

I smile not because I got the world perfect
Sluggish dreams and speedy nightmares
Broken hearts like clumsy glasswares
I smile because I'm the devil's lost target

A perfect smile heals even the broken heart
Loosed shackles from pains forgiven
Your comfort gave me strength when I was bleeding
You found my soul gave it light lurking in the dark

Love yourself! Love yourself or nobody will
You look effortlessly beautiful quit trying so hard
Burn a candle for each man that treated you bad
We may not win this race but we'll run it still

Gazed upon by the sun, stand on your shadow
Don't loose your breathe to leave men breathless
The worth of your pride can't be that careless
The mind of a midget must not be that shallow

Unappreciated efforts to savour attention
Murdered affection and love laid to rest
Cold hugs clutching your breasts
Warm feelings exiled to asylum detention

Exploits of kindness and parasite friendship
Constant betray of trust building insecurity
Biased mind careful against affluent maturity
I promise, this won't be like your last relationship

Grab a brush let's paint this picture perfect
Paint the sky blue let me paint your grass green
Brush a blush let me paint on you a grin
Draw your heart close to mine to give cupid a target

Gardens must not be Eden to make an Eve
You are an angel with no wings but you can fly too
You are a star fallen from the sky but you can shine too
And if Adam doesn't like the forbidden fruit, he can take a leave

..............................
 Feel free to live free.
@TheVyrus

Comments

Popular Posts