The World is Yours

My dad will always tell me, I never got the opportunity that I'm giving you
I expect strait A's off the kinda school fees I'm paying, but the grades you getting? Tsk tsk tsk not really cool.
Although I don't say it out to his hearing, but I always think if he was in my shoes, he may not do so good!
I know I'm enjoying a comfier background than he had, but remember they say 'big man, big wahala' ...in their time, it was in the village. Going to school on bare feet. They never had distractions like following celebrities and munching their tweets. Their men wore high heels and had sex with no condoms. We do supra, and use latex, come on, you don't expect the same outcome. Those days, boys school were far away from girls college. But for the kind of asses I see in school I can gladly loose my birth right, no need for yam porridge. They studied to pass exams, we learn from our environment. I mean discovery channel have taught us more than modern biology and Oprah and other home TV shows still got us on home management. But it all boils down to grades and exams. We all go to school to get a job, mostly not to learn maybe because our passion and dreams will not pay us so well, so we trying getting a job to get paid and later chase our dreams. I still wonder how we'll chase our dreams working all week in hope for 'thank God its friday' saturday hangover and laundry...rest and church on sunday, monday the battle continues. Most of our parents are living this way, that's not what they dreamed of, ask them! We are suppose to be better than our forefathers, I wonder how we can achieve that when they expect us to follow their steps instead of our dreams. Most people who are remembered after their death are those who followed their dreams, not those who got strait A's and a well paying job. Hey, remember that tomorrow they promised us we gonna be the leaders of?? Its today o! What can I say? The world is yours!

Comments

Popular Posts