My Sylvia


Hey there My Sylvia 
What's it like in PH City? 
I'm a thousand miles away 
But I'm sure you look so pretty 
Yes you do 
The moon light can't shine as bright as you 
I swear it's true

Hey there my Sylvia 
Don't you worry about the distance 
I'm right there if you get lonely 
Give this poem another reading 
Close your eyes 
Re-read my poems, it's my disguise 
I'm by your side 

Hey there my sylvia 
I know times are getting hard 
But just believe me, girl 
Someday I'll pay the bills with pen and paper 
We'll have it good 
We'll have the life we knew we would 
My word is good 

Hey there My sylvia 
I've got so much left to say 
If every simple poem I wrote to you 
Would take your breath away 
I'd write it all 
Even more in love with me you'd fall 
We'd have it all 

A thousand miles seems pretty far 
But they've got planes, buses and cars 
I'd walk to you if I had no other way 
Our friends would all just envy us 
and we'll just laugh along because we know 
That none of them can feel this way 
My sylvia I can promise you 
That by the time we get through 
The world will never ever be the same 
And you're to blame 

Hey there My Sylvia 
You be good and don't you miss me 
Four more years and you'll be done with school 
And I'll be making history like I do 
You'll know it's all because of you 
We can do whatever we want to 
Hey there My Sylvia here's to you 
This one's for you 

Comments

Popular Posts